Sharks Don’t Take Things Personally Mr Brody. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Jaws 2 1978 was highly anticipated and obviously had big shoes to fill. Probably the best way to place this movie in the pantheon of sharksploitation is to mention its impact on release. Like everyone else I gladly lined up outside the theatre eager of receiving a terrifying Jaws like thrill ride. To this end it was a crowd pleaser largely as it followed that magic formula of the slow shark reveal. The islands interpersonal problems gave us that comfortable familiar feeling that left us guilt free to revel in the attacks we all longed to see. We were not disappointed as they were expertly handled in their setup and execution. I know many people that went to the theatre several times for this movie with myself included. I still feel the same way about this movie on my third or fourth watching 46 years later. It was another thrill ride. Having now viewed close to 100 sharksploitation movies this one still makes my top 10. Speaking of which it’s still in the top 10 highest grossing shark films to date. Why, well I see the Jaws formula working well here, it just delivers what Jaws did but with plenty of new (At the time) and exciting shark encounters. I believe it was also the first shark movie to focus on a young adult perspective. It holds the tension well and is it just me or do all monster movies feel more tense with a full orchestrated score. It still has the best use of the shark fin attack approach than any movie in the genre to date. In fact, I believe sharksploitation lost a lot when animatronics were phased out. Just feast your eyes on that beautiful partially submerged monster in this movie and the fear it inspires is palpable. I wax lyrical for this movie, it’s not Jaws but it definitely earns the title of being Jaws 2. 


Best Shark Fin In Sharksploitation.


Comments

Popular Posts