They Move In Packs.

The Sharks 2019 is an Argentinian coming of age revenge drama with a shark scare as background. At least that’s all I wanted to take away from this awkward (from an adult's perspective) story. The Sharksploitation elements are confined to an early view of a fin, which looked like a dolphin, followed then on by a short discussion of sharks by invested fishermen and locals. So, I guess the shark scare is a metaphor for something, and I hate it when I have to look up other people's opinions on what the rationale of the movie is. I came to this movie aligned with the thought that shark movies are not about the shark but about the human condition. This movie has failed me on all levels as with the title you are expecting some shark interaction. For sharksploitation fans at best, it fits with the existential outings of such movies as No Shark 2022 and Invisible shark 2023. There all in the sub-genre I now call allegorical sharksploitation. At its worst it’s just using its title as click shark bait.

YES I HAD TROUBLE STAYING AWAKE TOO.


 

Comments

Popular Posts